VMware Compliance Checker for PCI
Compliance Checker for Payment Card Industry
VMware Compliance Checker is a free downloadable product based on VMware vCenter™ Configuration Manager features that checks the compliance of systems in your IT infrastructure against specific standards and best practices applicable to your environment. Compliance Checker should be a part of your strategy to ensure that your environment remains secure and compliant.
Contact us for free download!
- Produce audit-quality reports on PCI DSS v1. 2 compliance.
- Detect problems before they affect your security posture.
- Get detailed guidance on remediating compliance violations.
- Access the latest podcasts, Web seminars and white papers on PCI compliance.
The compliance results are presented by machine and by each specific PCI DSS v1. 2 requirement.
What Is VMware Compliance Checker for PCI DSS v1.2?
VMware Compliance Checker should be downloaded by all organizations that handle cardholder data, to assess and report on the security and compliance of machines processing payment card data against PCI DSS v1.2 rules. Compliance Checker for PCI DSS v1.2 provides a real-time compliance check for multiple Microsoft Windows servers and desktops. It produces a detailed summary of the requirements that are met and those that are not. This summary can be used to drive a remediation/mitigation strategy and prepare for audits.
Organizations face increasing scrutiny when adhering to Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS) compliance. Fines and penalties have increased dramatically for systems that are not in compliance. According to VISA, 42 percent of large and medium-size U.S. merchants do not reach their respective PCI DSS compliance deadlines. Organizations continue to rely on manual assessment methods for PCI DSS audits that require significant IT resources, from preparation to execution. Manually checking systems against PCI DSS requirements is a time-consuming and error-prone process.
How Does VMware Compliance Checker for PCI DSS v1.2 Work?
Compliance Checker for PCI DSS v1.2 downloads to a Windows desktop. The intuitive Web-based interface requires little or no learning curve. Simply point the product to the Windows machines (virtual or physical) that you want to test compliance against. The resultant compliance report provides a detailed ruleby-rule indication of pass or failure. When compliance problems are found, users are directed to a detailed knowledge base for an explanation of the rule violated and advice on remediation.
How is Compliance Checker for PCI DSS v1.2 Used?
- Concurrent compliance checking on multiple servers and desktops—Run compliance checks on five Microsoft Windows servers and desktops at a time.
- Support of PCI DSS v1. 2 rules—Perform checks on machines to conform to PCI controls status.
- Roll-up compliance assessments by benchmarks and machines—After a compliance run, you can view the assessments by machine.
- Saved and printed assessment results—You can save and print the compliance assessment reports for review and save them for your compliance archives.
- Wide platform support—Check compliance across multiple systems including Microsoft Windows 2000, Windows Server 2003, Windows XP, Windows Vista and Windows Server 2008.
- Auditing—The summary report produced by Compliance Checker for PCI DSS v1.2 can be used during an audit to demonstrate IT compliance.
- Security issue detection—It is important to protect cardholder data, not just during an audit event but all the time. Compliance Checker for PCI DSS v1.2 makes it easy to detect problems that impact your security posture.
- Detailed guidance on remediating compliance violations— Detailed remediation advice for each supported requirement is provided by a team of experts at the Center for Policy and Compliance and is available directly from the tool.
- Compliance how-to help—A wealth of up-to-date resources include interviews with thought leaders, white papers, archived Web seminars and analyst reports that can be accessed from the tool.
Download the VMware Compliance Checker for PCI Datasheet (PDF).