VMware Compliance Checker for vSphere
Checks the compliance of your IT infrastructure
Check the compliance of your IT infrastructure against specific standards and best practices that are applicable for the environment. The Compliance Checker is a free, downloadable, fully-functional product for checking compliance of your environment to help you ensure that it remains secure and compliant.
Contact us for free download!
Unlike other free tools in the market, VMware's free Compliance Checker for vSphere is a fully-functional product that provides detailed compliance checks against the VMware vSphere® Hardening Guidelines. For example, you can print Compliance Checker reports and run compliance checks across multiple ESX and ESXi servers at once.
- Produce audit quality reports on vSphere compliance – The summary report produced by the Compliance Checker for vSphere can be used during an audit to demonstrate IT compliance against vSphere.
- Detect problems before they affect your security posture – Due to the dynamic nature of the VMware environment, it is important to detect problems before your environment becomes insecure. With this tool you can run assessments often and easily.
- Get detailed guidance on remediating compliance violations – Detailed remediation advice for each supported requirement is provided by a team of experts at the Center for Policy and Compliance and is available directly from the tool.
- Access the latest podcasts, webinars and white papers on PCI compliance – A wealth of up-to-date resources includes interviews with thought leaders, white papers, archived webinars and analyst reports that can be accessed from the tool.
- Check compliance for multiple VMware ESX and ESXi servers concurrently— Run compliance check on up to five ESX or ESXi servers at a time and produce reports.
- Supports VMware vSphere® hardening guidelines— Perform checks on VMware ESX and ESXi servers to conform with the latest VMware vSphere hardening guidelines.
- Roll up compliance assessment by benchmarks and by machines — After a compliance run, you can view the assessments by machines and by benchmark type.
- Save and print assessment results — You can save, print and email the compliance assessment reports to your team for review and they can be saved for archival needs.
How it Works
Compliance Checker for vSphere downloads to a Windows desktop and the intuitive web-based interface requires little or no learning curve. Administrators simply point the product to the ESX and ESXi hosts they want to test compliance against to perform the test immediately. The resultant compliance report provides a detailed rule by rule indication of pass or failure. Where compliance problems are found, users are directed to a detailed knowledge base for an explanation of the rule violated and advice on remediation. Compliance Checker for vSphere should be downloaded by all VMware customers to assess and report on the security and compliance of deployed VMware servers against the VMware vSphere® Hardening Guidelines.