The advanced features in products from SAP and VMware combine synergistically to create perhaps the most powerful business process automation system that it is possible to build with today's technology.
Our customers who want to leverage the agility provided by SAP NetWeaver® enhancement packages also need the flexibility and powerful management features of VMware technology to achieve the kind of seamless, efficient network of interrelated processes that has long been envisioned but nearly impossible to achieve.
With VMware virtualization solutions, your SAP solutions-based development, test, training, and production environments can cost less and be more productive than within a purely physical infrastructure. From server consolidation and containment to business process and data center automation, the full range of virtualization benefits can be applied to all sizes of SAP deployments.
You can dynamically rebalance applications while increasing resource utilization across your test, development, Q&A, training and production environments. And VMware solutions increase the availability of SAP applications with technologies such as VMware® vMotion, VMware® High Availability, and VMware® vCenter Site Recovery Manager.
Top Ten Reasons To Run SAP Software Solutions on VMware Virtualization Technology
- Upgrade safely to the latest SAP solutions and simplify the transition to 64-bit environments
- Increase availability of all environments at lower cost
- Create cost-effective disaster recovery systems
- Quickly deploy new SAP solutions-based environments for development and test
- Align SAP resources with business priorities
- Decrease SAP data center costs for space, energy, cooling, hardware, and labor
- Increase SAP data center utilization, flexibility, availability, and agility
- Increase software quality at lower cost for your own SAP application-based development
- Increase uptime during planned maintenance
- Realize immediate ROI
VMware and SAP: A Dynamic Relationship
VMware has forged a strong, collaborative relationship with SAP AG to maximize the benefits for our joint customers. The ties between VMware and SAP are many and deep; a few of the ways the two companies work together include:
- VMware vSphere is the only virtualization platform supported by SAP across both Linux and Windows for all environments, including Windows production.
- VMware is one of a very limited number of SAP Global Technology Partners.
- VMware is a key member of the SAP Co-Innovation Lab in Palo Alto, California, where SAP uses VMware technology to provision environments for new projects with its eco-system partners.
- VMware is a charter member of the SAP Enterprise Virtualization Community, which unites leading virtualization vendors to develop new strategies for business-process driven virtualization.
- VMware is also a member of the SAP Green IT Community, and the SAP Linux Labs
- VMware is closely involved with SAP virtualization plans. Projects and alignment are driven jointly by the VMware SAP alliance team and the Chief Virtualization Strategist at SAP Labs in Palo Alto, CA.
- VMware has a Technical Account Manager on site in Walldorf who collaborates with SAP teams on alignment and integration projects.
- VMware has support staff on site in Walldorf linked into the SAP support framework.
- The SAP Center of Excellence in Walldorf uses VMware software to host customers for SAP ramp up and knowledge transfer.
The Virtualization Competence Center (VCC) for SAP:
- Supports organizations that are planning a change to a virtualized SAP system landscape infrastructure
- Provides services to companies already operating SAP in a virtualized system landscape
- Run by AddOn Systemhaus GmbH and VMware, Inc.